Content of the material
- Quick History Lesson: From Earbuds to IEMs
- Mistaken identity
- 19. Handmade Earphones Holder
- Qualcomm aptX Lossless Audio Brings Bit-For-Bit Accurate Wireless Audio To BluetoothYour browser indicates if youve visited this link
- 7. Turn Old Credit Cards into Earphone Holders
- 7. Portable Container for Earbuds
- Best Headphones Deals in Black Friday Sales 2021Your browser indicates if youve visited this link
- 2. Bear Earphones Holder
- Which IEM Ear Tip Type Is the Most Durable?
- CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF MY OTHER DESIGNER KNOCK OFF PROJECTS, INCLUDING LIGHTING, FURNITURE AND MORE!
- Now, before you go please be sure to check out the other AH-MAZING projects from my friends!
Quick History Lesson: From Earbuds to IEMs
Most early personal audio devices were shipped with earbuds – a miniature speaker driver positioned to sit in the outer ear at the opening of the ear canal. Their sound quality was typically marginal, and many users (including myself) find them uncomfortable as they do not conform to the natural ear shape.
It wasn’t long before the consumer market recognized that IEMs are a better match to the growing number of high-fidelity portable electronics (iPod, cell phone, etc).
IEMs became an opportunity for manufacturers to improve comfort and sound quality playback from the standard earbud. They provided a universal solution for athletes, audiophiles, and commuters alike, by reproducing high-quality music playback in the ultimate package: portable, private, and isolating.
Ironically, many people still view IEMs as earbuds. You will find them seeking help with earbuds tips but actually own IEMs instead. Hopefully, we have cleared up these misunderstandings. There are also others who call ear tips as earphone tips. For consistency, we will use the term – ear tips.
19. Handmade Earphones Holder
Be smart! By using two plastic bottle caps, you can make one hell of a functional DIY earbud holder. The supplies are insanely cheap and might already be available at your place. The video tutorial will walk you through the detailed step by step guide. youtube
Qualcomm aptX Lossless Audio Brings Bit-For-Bit Accurate Wireless Audio To BluetoothYour browser indicates if youve visited this link
Mainstream consumers may not be quite as particular, of course, but sound quality is still an important consideration for many folks, especially as it relates to Bluetooth devices, like earbuds or …
7. Turn Old Credit Cards into Earphone Holders
If credit cards keep reminding you of your impulse-shopping sprees, this little DIY will give you an alternate usage that lets you save some hassle for a change.
7. Portable Container for Earbuds
Get tips right below to nail a DIY earbud holder! Keep your ear buds away from getting messed up and all tangled! The kind of problem no one prefers. So make this portable container from supplies like gum containers, two beads, rubber bands, earphones, paperclips, and drills. instructables
Best Headphones Deals in Black Friday Sales 2021Your browser indicates if youve visited this link
The headphones versus earbuds debate has a few technical factors to take into consideration, but it also does come down to personal preference. From a technical perspective, headphones are …
2. Bear Earphones Holder
This cute hooded cover means you can take your phone everywhere without worry, and the velcro strap in the front for your earphones just makes it perfect.
Which IEM Ear Tip Type Is the Most Durable?
Silicone ear tips can last for years, while foam ear tips wear out over time (measurable in weeks or months of usage). Some memory foam ear tips can get somewhat gummy and tacky on the surface. This makes them prone to contamination by earwax and dirt with further use.
Clean hands and ears do prolong the ear tips’ lifespan, but they will inevitably become soiled. Cleaning agents tend to corrode foam ear tips; that’s why water is generally the only recommended substance to use for cleaning. Consider foam ear tips to be consumable and factor in this cost when making purchasing decisions.
- If you want to make your earphones hold better in your ear, knead together a 2-part molding putty until they’re thoroughly combined. Shape the putty around the earphones before putting them in your ears. Shape the putty with your fingers to match the shape of your ear and let them set for 10–15 minutes. You can buy molding putty at hardware or electronics stores.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful
Thanks for submitting a tip for review!
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF MY OTHER DESIGNER KNOCK OFF PROJECTS, INCLUDING LIGHTING, FURNITURE AND MORE!
Now, before you go please be sure to check out the other AH-MAZING projects from my friends!
Below the graphic you will find links to all the projects. Please click on any link to head over to my friends’ blogs to check out the full details of their projects!
DIY Leather Earbud Holder | Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
DIY Cacti Wall Decor | Delineate Your Dwelling
[mv_create key=”1″ type=”list” title=”Most Popular Projects” thumbnail=”</span><a href=” target=”_blank”]