Content of the material
How to Turning Off Avast from The System Tray
Open the system tray and right-click on the Avast icon. It will look like an orange splat with an “a” written in the middle. This will open a pop-up menu.
In the pop-up menu, you will find an option for “avast shield control”. By going there another menu will open.
There you can find many options for disabling avast, choose the one you find appropriate for your use.
The typical options that can be found there are:
- Disable for 10 minutes.
- Disable for 1 hour.
- Disable until the computer is restarted.
- Disable permanently.
It will open asking for your permission to progress. Click “ok” to proceed.
Avast Tray Icon Missing?
Update: Some users have also complained that the Avast tray icon on their computer doesn’t appear, so it looks different from what was described in the first point earlier.
This is usually because the antivirus is not running normally. So the solution, you can try opening the application first as usual.
Step 1. Via the search field, type ” Avast “, then open the result.
Step 2. Also, check the Windows startup settings. Make sure the antivirus is active there. The method is like this:
- Click Windows + R.
- Type in ” MSCONFIG “.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Then activate the antivirus.
For Windows 10 users, you can see it in the Task Manager :
But if you can’t, just try reinstalling it. The goal is to normalize again, maybe there is a little error in the program.
How to Turn off Avast Email Signature?
The following steps show you how to get rid of Avast email signature:
1. Open Avast.
2. Click the Menu icon (on the top-right side of the software interface).
3. A menu will appear from the right side. Then, you need to click Settings to continue.
4. On the next interface, you need to go to Protection > Core Shields.
5. Scroll down to the Configure shield settings section and switch to Mail Shield.
6. Find the Add a signature to the end of sent emails It is selected by default. You need to uncheck it.
7. Click Close to close the current interface.
8. Close Avast.
9. Restart your web browser.
10. Go to your email box. Then, sign out and re-sign into your email account. You can write an email and check whether the Avast email signature is removed successfully.
This is the easy method to turn off Avast Email Signature from your email box.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stella has been working in MiniTool Software as an English Editor for more than 4 years. Her articles mainly cover the fields of data recovery including storage media data recovery and phone data recovery, YouTube videos download, partition management, and video conversions.