Content of the material
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
You need to make sure that the cream cheese is soft to make the cookie dough. The softer the ingredients, the easier it is to make the cookie dough. I made the mixture by hand, beating the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon but you could just as easily make this recipe with a food processor.
If the dough seems too soft to make into cookie shapes, place the dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
When making the cookie shapes, damp hands are best when handling the dough. It can get a bit sticky but the damp hands help.
The cookie mixture does not spread much so you need to press down the mixture with a spoon or a hand. I make balls of the cookie dough, place them on the baking tray and then press them done to make their shape.
Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare three 8-inch round cake pans by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray and lining them with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Melt the butter then place it in a mixing bowl. Add the sugars to the melted butter and beat until combined. Add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Stir the flour mixture in by hand. Do not over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the three pans. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 18 to 20 until the tops are a light golden brown.
- Set on a wire rack to cool.
Cream cheese frosting:
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and salt and mix just until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until the sugar is moistened then increase the speed. Beat for a couple of minutes scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl intermittently. When the frosting is smooth and creamy, set aside and prepare the chocolate topping.
chocolate ganache topping:
- Add the chopped chocolate to a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream just until it barely simmers then pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate and hot cream sit for 30 seconds to 1 minutes then stir it until it is smooth. Set the mixture aside and let it cool down to room temperature.
Assemble the cookie cake
- Once the cookie cakes are cool, stack them on top of each other with a slathering of cream cheese frosting in between each layer. Reserve a small amount of cream cheese frosting to pipe on top of the assembled cake.
- Drizzle the top and sides of the cake with the chocolate ganache.
Review this recipe
Success! Thanks for adding your feedback. Your photo is being processed. If it doesn't appear after 10 minutes, try refreshing the page.
Decorate the Cookie Cake:
Check out our video above and see how easy it is to make this chocolate chip cookie cake with cream cheese frosting. We used a large open star tip to decorate the top of the cake. If you don’t have a star tip, you can put some frosting in a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner then pipe dollops of frosting on the top.
Cream Cheese CookiesThis Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe is quick and easy to make and has a unique twist to the usual chocolate chip cookie recipe!Author: Lainey
▢ 1 cup butter softened ▢ 1 cup white sugar ▢ 1 cup brown sugar ▢ 1 8 oz cream cheese softened ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ▢ 1 egg ▢ 2 ½ cups all purpose flour ▢ 1 teaspoon baking soda ▢ ¼ teaspoon salt ▢ Bag chocolate chips
▢ Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheet by using a baking mat or parchment paper.▢ In a large bowl add the soften butter and cream cheese and you are going to mix until it’s well combined. Add the sugars and continue mixing. Then add the vanilla extract and egg and continue mixing until it’s well combined, set aside.▢ In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue mixing. Add the chocolate chips and continue mixing.▢ Bake for about 13 minutes if making large cookies.▢ Remove from oven and continue baking for 2 minutes on mat and enjoy.DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Share it on instagram or tag @simplybakings or #simplybakings!
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip CookiesAngela ColebyAlmost shortbread like in texture, these almond flour chocolate chip cookies are low carb and gluten free
5 from 3 votesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Prep Time 15 minsCook Time 20 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Course Cookies Cuisine American
Servings 20 cookies Calories 163 kcal
4 oz cream cheese softened ½ cup butter, unsalted softened 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 egg ½ cup erythritol 2 ½ cup almond flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt ½ cup chocolate chips unsweetened (high cocoa solids)
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees. Line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper. (I used two large trays to cook the whole batch) In a bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice). Add the vanilla extra and egg. Beat until smooth. Add the almond flour, baking powder and salt and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips With damp hands, make walnut sized balls from the dough. Place the cookie balls on the tray, evenly placed. Either using your hand or a large spoon, press down on the cookies to shape them. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden around the edges Gently remove from the oven and allow to cool. When warm, the cookies are more delicate when cooled. Store in the fridge.
The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
NutritionServing: 1cookieCalories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 4gFat: 15gFiber: 2g Have you tried this recipe? Leave a review or take a picture and share it on InstagramMention @Divalicious_Recipes or tag #divaliciousrecipes
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions on topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.