Content of the material
- Steps Download Article
- If you can’t find your current location on your Mac
- Method 1: Backup WhatsApp to Local Storage on Android Phone
- How to Avoid Tolls on Apple Maps
- How Can It Go Missing In The First Place?
- 1. Check The Home Screen & Folders
- 2. Search For The Browser On Your iPhone
- 3. Disable The Restrictions
- 4. Reset Home Screen Or Perform A Factory Reset
- Chris Holroyd
- Tip. Backup iPhone Data Selectively or Fully before Fixing
- Part 3 : How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on iPhone
Steps Download Article
Open your iPhone’s Settings. This is the grey gear on the Home Screen.
Tap Driving & Navigation . You’ll find this in the middle of the page.
If you can’t find your current location on your Mac
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Make sure that Enable Location Services is selected. If the lock in the lower-left corner is closed, click it, then enter your user name and password.
- Select the checkbox next to Maps.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
Method 1: Backup WhatsApp to Local Storage on Android Phone
Even when your Android device is successfully set up to Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive, that means your WhatsApp is encrypted. In this case, your WhatsApp Backup is always saved/copied/downloaded to the internal storage or memory of your Android Phone.
Now, we will explain some simple steps to save WhatsApp to the Local Storage of Android Phones. Therefore, you need to implement every step in the same sequence to get WhatsApp’s manual Backup successfully.
- Firstly, open your WhatsApp and tap on the 3-dot available in the right upper corner.
- After clicking on these dots, the menu icon will open, and choose the setting option.
- The new option will appear and click on the chat option.
- You can see new options. Hit the chat backup option.
- The next slide will be opened. Click on the Backup button to make a soft copy of WhatsApp Data to the internal storage of your Android Phone.
Additional Note: If you want to get a backup of videos, then you need to check the box of videos; otherwise, by default, you can see it is unchecked. The videos backup option user can choose as per requirement.
How to Avoid Tolls on Apple Maps
Apple Maps enables you to change a setting to avoid toll roads, but it can’t be found within the app. When these features are enabled, Apple Maps will avoid toll roads and/or highways whenever possible and convenient. This way, when you search for a destination, Apple Maps will offer several routes showing distance and estimated driving time. So if avoiding highways creates a much longer route, you can see this and decide whether or not you want to take the highway. To enable the avoid toll and highway features:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Maps.
- Under Directions, tap Driving.
- To avoid highways, tap the Highways toggle to enable the feature. To avoid toll roads, tap the Tolls toggle to enable the feature. (Toggles are green when enabled.)
When you get directions in Apple Maps, it will automatically choose a route with no tolls.
In general, I like to keep the avoid tolls feature enabled. This is especially useful when I’m planning road trips, as I like being able to compare routes with and without toll roads. Sometimes taking toll roads can save me a few hours, in which case, I consider it worth the few extra bucks. Other times, taking toll roads may only save a few minutes, and I prefer to avoid them altogether.
How Can It Go Missing In The First Place?
Well, we can also ask, how can the safari icon disappear in the first place? Well, in most cases, the iPhone safari icon can go missing if someone has hidden it. In other words, the icon is probably lying there somewhere on one of the home screens. Moreover, there’s also a possibility that you have accidentally moved it to a folder.
You may wonder that somehow you or any other person may have accidentally deleted the app from the phone. Luckily, Apple prevents its users from deleting the essential or native apps from their devices. Since Safari is one of such native or essential apps, you just cannot ‘delete’ it.
So, that leaves us with a few possible scenarios. You may have moved it to a home screen, or a folder, or maybe you have restricted the app. So, let’s go through all of these points to find the missing iPhone Safari icon.
1. Check The Home Screen & Folders
First of all, it’s essential to check all the home screens and folders. There’s a possibility that the missing iPhone safari icon is there. Since you cannot delete or uninstall a native app, it just cannot disappear.
2. Search For The Browser On Your iPhone
So, if you cannot find the iPhone safari icon anywhere why not search for it? There are a few steps to do so if you don’t know how you can search for an app.
- So, you need to swipe right on the screen of your iPhone and then you will bring up the search box.
- Next, you need to type Safari in the search box. If you do that then it should bring up the Safari app in the search results.
In case the App is in a folder that you have hidden, then you will see the name of the folder to which the app icon has been moved.
3. Disable The Restrictions
There’s another possibility that you have posed some restrictions on the Safari app. If you have accidentally placed restrictions on the app then you may see this thing. Moreover, it’s true that we can also do it intentionally at times, just to keep the browser out of kids’ reach.
- First, open the settings and scroll down to Screen Time.
- Tap the Screen Time and you will next have to click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Once you tap on that, you will see a prompt where you need to enter the Screen Time Passcode, if you had set it up before.
- Next, go to the Content & Privacy Screen and tap on the Allowed Apps, and see whether Safari Icon is allowed or not.
4. Reset Home Screen Or Perform A Factory Reset
Well, if the above tricks fail then you have two options. Either you can reset the home screen or perform a competitive factory reset. You have to go to the settings>General>Reset and then Reset Screen Layout to reset the Home Screen.
Chris Holroyd Chris Holroyd is a tech magazine writer who has been extensively writing in the technology field for a few years. He has written several articles which have provided exciting and knowledgeable information on Digital marketing, December Global Holidays and tech support in United State. See author’s posts
Tip. Backup iPhone Data Selectively or Fully before Fixing
Before trying any of the above methods, always make sure that you back up the iPhone data.
You can back up iPhone data using official iTunes or iCloud backup. Via the official methods, you can make a full backup of your device.
Another option for backing up the data is to use iMyFone iTransor Lite. Using it, you can selectively or fully backup or export the data you need to your local computer.
Step 1.Launch the program and connect your device to computer. Choose Export from Device.
Step 2.You can selectively choose what types of data to export. After ticking the boxes, click on Scan to process data.
Within only two steps, you can get your iPhone backup easily and absolutely no data loss. Keep in mind that it’s always crucial to save a backup of your device.
Part 3 : How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on iPhone
Except the iPhone Maps, Google Maps is also a good tool you can rely on. But there are some users comment that Google Maps audio will delay sometimes. Actually your Google Maps is not working on iPhone because the voice is playing over the Bluetooth and Bluetooth may have a delay for it doesn’t stay connected when your iPhone is not using it. To fix this problem, just follow the detailed guide we list for you.
Step 1. Launch Google Maps app on your iPhone and then choose a destination and tap start to begin.
Step 2. Once you are on route to your destination, tap the arrow pointing up in the lower right-hand corner of your iPhone’s display.
Step 3. Then tap Settings which you can adjust your settings.
Step 4. Find “Play voice over Bluetooth” and then turn off the switch. When it is gray, you are successfully turn it off.
When you have done this steps, your Google Maps will give the directions on-time and you are successfully fix your Google Maps not working on iPhone.
In this article, we list some best ways to fix iPhone Maps not working, as well as how to fix Google Maps not working on iPhone. If you learn these ways, you don’t worry about you can’t fix this problem anymore. Hope you can gain something helpful after reading this article.