Content of the material
- Another way to get a gate pass
- JetBlue Airways
- American Airlines
- What is Gate Pass Management System?
- Advantages of e Gate Pass System
- Most Common Features of Gate Pass Management Software
- Online Gate Pass Management System Types
- Things to Consider While Buying Gate Pass Management Software
- Affiliate Disclaimer
AboutJebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) is DP World’s flagship free zone and the largest customs bonded zone in the Middle East.
Another way to get a gate pass
If the airline just isn’t cooperating with you and getting that gate pass is extremely important to you, then considering buying a fully refundable airline ticket and just getting your money back after it has served it’s purpose. To me though, this is a lot of trouble and I would most likely just skip the idea of the gate pass.
If you have a legit reason for needing a gate pass and not just a reason for wanting one, then you shouldn’t have trouble in getting one.
JetBlue’s rules for unaccompanied minors are somewhat convoluted, but the tl;dr is that you can request a gate pass to accompany your minor to/from the gate, with the following caveat:
Since guidelines vary among airports, please check the unaccompanied minor section under the specific airport the unaccompanied minor is traveling from to determine if a gate pass may be issued.
JetBlue’s policies for people escorting adults who require special assistance are much more straightforward:
A companion can provide disability-related assistance for you at a domestic US airport. A gate pass request must be made at the ticket counter for departing flights and noted in the reservation for arriving flights. Just make sure the person assisting goes to the ticket counter to get the gate pass and brings a valid government issued photo ID. Issuance of gate passes is contingent upon security conditions at the time of travel, at different times or locations this accommodation may not be available.
So are JetBlue’s policies on military personnel and gate passes:
Family members who want to accompany a military service member being deployed to the boarding gate or greet them returning from deployment at the arrival gate may receive passes to enter the secure area of the airport.
If you want to escort someone through security, visit the ticket counter:
Air carrier authorization forms for escorting people (minors, the elderly, etc.) through security are available at the airport ticket counter.
- Do not leave your items unattended for any reason. Do not watch a stranger’s belongings, or allow a stranger to watch yours. Keep your belongings with you at all times.
Thanks! Helpful 26 Not Helpful 10
What is Gate Pass Management System?
Gate pass management systems are automated solutions designed for maintaining visitors’ records, their entry & exit times, preparing digital badges and tracking the overall duration of the visit. Gate pass software with an easy interface helps organizations maintain the daily record of visitors to their premises.
Manufacturing units, corporate offices and industrial organizations can automatically record visitors’ data with gate pass management software. The application standardizes these processes with powerful dashboard functionality to manage visitors and ensure compliance and detailed reporting.
Advantages of e Gate Pass System
- Easy integration: Gate pass management software can be easily integrated with vendor management software systems, vehicle tracking and visitor management software for seamless business operations.
- Customizable: Gate pass management system is a customizable solution where you can customize as per your business’s requirements.
- Enhanced security: Online gate pass management systems ensure complete security of entry and exit points by maintaining a complete record of visitor entries, company vehicles and material entry.
- Interactive interface: Gate pass management software provides an interactive interface as a result of which cross-checking the visitors’ validity and maintaining the administrative database is super easy.
- Automated gate pass workflow: e Gate pass management systems send reminders and alerts for escalating requests for pending items, return issues from vendors, initiators and approvers.
- Quick check-in/check-out: Online gate pass management system ensures speedy check-in and check-out processes for visitors’ appointments and vehicles.
Most Common Features of Gate Pass Management Software
- Approver workflow: Gate pass management systems help control the visitors’ approval workflow and configure sequential/parallel approvals anytime a gate pass request gets raised.
- Reports and analytics: Gate pass systems convert the gate pass data generated so far into analytics and MIS reports for operational efficiency and better decision making.
- Tracking material movement: Online gate pass management systems make it easy to track the movement of materials at multiple branches or locations and generate reports in real-time.
- Smart scheduling: Gate pass management software makes it easy to manage the schedule for material movement and real-time visitors tracking and material movement.
- Image editing: Gate pass software has image editing capabilities that can be used for registering visitor’s details and preparing provisional identity cards.
- Instant notifications: Gate pass systems provide instant alerts to the host about a visitor’s arrival, entry and such details.
- Visitor management: Gate pass systems are time efficient tools that approve visitors’ entry to a company premises only after checking all records and that too within seconds.
- Accurate records: Material gate pass management system ensures accurate records over every visitor detail and eliminates the possibility of data redundancy in any way.
- Appointment management: Create appointments quickly through a gate pass management system and provide digital badges immediately on their visit.
- Material details tracking: Details like the quantity, serial number and vendor’s ID can be tracked and maintained with real time.
Online Gate Pass Management System Types
Material Gate Pass Management System: Material gate pass management systems help companies keep a track of the inward and outward movement of goods. The software generates non-returnable and returnable pass types for maintaining the record of materials, their quantity and serial numbers. It monitors their movement and maintains the vendor’s ID.
The material gate pass system can be returnable or non-returnable. With the RGP (returnable gate pass system) is issued for those materials which have to be sent back from your facility. NRGP (non returnable gate pass system) is issued for those materials which will enter your facility but not make an exit.
Material gate pass management systems generate auto-escalation emails for the concerned heads to report any anomalies. The software is therefore critical for not just avoiding material loss but also preventing unauthorized material access.
Visitor Gate Pass Management System: Visitor gate pass software maintains the record of every entry and exit by a visitor to a business premises for ensuring both visitor’s and the organization’s security.
The software hosts other capabilities like screening visitor’s details, creating approval workflows, logging in arrival timings, doing pre-registrations and performing digital check-ins. Visitor gate pass management system also generates reports on the number of visits, purpose of visit, etc.
Things to Consider While Buying Gate Pass Management Software
It is important that you procure a gate pass management system that fits as per your needs Hear are a few points that will help you to choose the best fit software.
- Simple Interface: The first thing you should consider before buying a gate pass management system is its interface. If the interface is complex, it will require technical knowledge to operate the software, increasing the overall cost. Take a gate pass management software demo first and choose a user-friendly option.
- Relevant Features: It would be best if you chose software according to your needs. Do not buy a gate pass system that does not cover up all your requirement and leaves manual processing on your part. Also, you should not purchase software that has more features than your needs, increasing your cost.
- Deployment Type: There are two types of gate pass management systems, on-premises and cloud-based. While on-premises would be more effective for large centralized operations, the cloud model is suitable for multi-branch organizations with decentralized operations.
- Integration with Third-Party Applications: Gate pass management systems are often considered separate from other business management systems. Make sure your gate pass offers integration with other business systems like logistics operations and visitor management system.
|Top Gate Pass Management Systems|
|Name||Major Features||Compatible for|
|eFacilito|| || |
|Axis Gatepass|| || |
Author: Kalpana Arya
An an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This site also participates in other affiliate programs and may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, from any purchases you make as a result of clicking a link on this site.