Content of the material
- Part 1: Why People Want to Disable Software Update Notification Android
- How do I get rid of Apple software update?
- Uninstalling updates on Android
- Disable Automatic Updates for OS
- Block Automatic Updates in Android
- Block automatic updates in Android using the Developer options
- Postpone Android updates using MDM
- Are software updates necessary for Android?
- How to Turn Off Auto Updates on Android TV?
- Method 3. Turn Off Notifications for System Updates
- App updates in Android
- How to Turn off Automatic App Updates on an Android Phone
- Part 4: How to Turn Off Android System Notifications
- How to Update Android OS Manually?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you stop apps from automatically updating on Android?
- Can you stop apps from automatically updating on the Firestick?
- Will Kodi automatically update to Kodi 19?
Part 1: Why People Want to Disable Software Update Notification Android
Many mobile phone users may want to know how to disable Android system notification for any of the reasons listed below.
- To escape the trouble of having to deal with incessant software update notification: Sometimes the notification to update software may keep recurring and causing a nuisance for mobile phone users. The notifications can keep interrupting users when enjoying games, videos or texting.
- To keep features intact: Updating software may make some apps you previously use on your device no longer compatible or accessible. If you are not willing to risk losing touch with some of your favourite apps, you may want to disable software update notification. It is also a common experience that after updates, some features on users’ device may begin to malfunction. You can simply disable software notification when you don’t want to update your device.
- To postpone system update for later: There may be some reasons you may not want to update your device now. This could simply be due to the fact that you love how things are going with your device and you see no reason to update software.
- To enhance device speed: Update notifications can quickly take up storage space and make devices slower. You may need to remove software update notification before your device can run as fast as it should.
How do I get rid of Apple software update?
Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista
- Click the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner and type task scheduler in the Start Search box. Open the “Task Scheduler“.
- Expand the “Task Schedule Library” section.
- Select the “Apple” folder.
- Right-click “AppleSoftwareUpdate” and select “Disable” or “Delete“.
Uninstalling updates on Android
Sometimes updates have bugs and after installing the update the device may not work properly. IN these times you can uninstall the update But this should be done only if necessary, this could result in deleting important data. Usually, if an update has bugs the developers release another update within a short time fixing all the bugs. So you don’t have to worry about it.
Disable Automatic Updates for OS
- Touch on “Developer options” to see its menu.
- Scroll through the list and find “Automatic system updates”.
- If it is enabled, turn it off.
- If it is disabled, keep it intact.
Anytime you can toggle the setting back to enable automatic OS update again.
Block Automatic Updates in Android
There do not seem to have an effective workaround here. Since we don’t have another choice, try this method:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Navigate to Manage Apps > All Apps.
- Find an app called Software Update, System Updates or anything similar, since different device manufacturers have named it different.
- To disable system update, try any of these two methods, the first one being recommended:
- Tap Turn Off or Disable button and then OK.
- In case this button is grayed out, tap on Force Stop > OK to turn the process off temporarily. In such case, there is a possibility that the app may turn on automatically after some time. The app will surely be turned on again after the system reboot or if you check for updates manually.
- Disable any update notifications by unchecking “Show Notifications” checkbox in supported devices.
Block automatic updates in Android using the Developer options
There is another setting in Android hidden deep inside the developer options, which can be toggled to disable automatic system updates.
- Go to Settings > About phone.
- Tap on Software Information > Build Number.
Tap Build number to enable developer mode
- Tap on Build Number seven times until you’re notified that the Developer mode is enabled. You may have to re-enter your device passcode if asked.
- Head back to the Settings, where you see the Developer options section under System > Advanced (varies according to your device model).
- Go to Developer option > Disable Automatic system updates option.
Block automatic system updates
Postpone Android updates using MDM
Schedule OS update policy for Android allows admins to configure system update settings for Android Enterprise device owner devices. Choosing the Postpone update option helps in delaying the OS updates to up to 30 days.
Are software updates necessary for Android?
System Updates are actually very necessary for your device. They mostly provide Bug fixes & Security Update Patches, improves system stability and also some times UI improvements. Security Updates are very important because older security can make you more vulnerable to attacks.
How to Turn Off Auto Updates on Android TV?
If you have a Sony, Sharp, Phillips, or any other brand of smart TVs that run on Android OS, you also have the option to turn off automatic app updates. Here’s how:
- From your TV’s home screen, select the “Applications” option and then launch the Play Store app.
- Select “Settings” followed by “Auto-update apps.”
- Disable the settings with your remote.
Method 3. Turn Off Notifications for System Updates
The System Update app is what sends you notifications for any OS updates. If you disable the updates for this app on your device, you will no longer get any kind of OS update notifications on your device.
Turning off notifications for this app is pretty easy and the following is how you do it.
Head to Settings and tap on Apps & notifications.
Tap on three dots at the top-right corner and select Show system to show system apps.
Find and tap on the app that says System Update.
Tap on Notifications and then turn the toggle to the OFF position. It should disable the OS upgrade notifications on your Android device.
If you do have performed a system update and, but there is something wrong during the updating process or after the updating. Then you need a professional Android system repair tool like iMyFone Fixppo for Android to help you. It can solve all Android system-related issues with simple clicks and thousands of Android phones and tablets are supported well. The simplest interface will be offered to you, so you do not need to worry about how to use it. Are curious about it, right? Just download the free trial version to have a check.
App updates in Android
Android App updates are updates that come to each app you are using separately. These updates happen through the play store app in android. You could see these updates by going to the play store -> my apps and games. In there you could see the list of updates for each app with the size of the update. You can update all the apps once or select which apps to update. These app updates are not always necessary but to experience the latest features and to fix bugs in each app, you need to update apps frequently. While an app update is happening you can work with other apps normally. If you are updating all apps at once, it could take a lot of space in your phone and a bit more time. If you are updating apps one by one, it could take less time for each app.
Before updating any app if you go to the google play store page of the app you can see a description of the update. It describes which are the things happening in the update after you install it.
How to Turn off Automatic App Updates on an Android Phone
If you'd prefer to disable automatic app updates on your Android phone, the process is a little different than disabling operating system updates. Here's what to do.
Tap Google Play Store.
Tap your profile image.
Tap Network Preferences.
Tap Auto-Update Apps.
Tap Don't Auto-update Apps.
Tap Done to disable auto updates.
Part 4: How to Turn Off Android System Notifications
To get rid of Android system notification, you need to play some easy tricks on your phone. The key is to use a false Wifi hotspot. The steps below should guide you through
- Go to Settings on your device and locate About Phone menu and select it.
Start a false update process. Select System update option.
- Connect to false Wifi. You will get a prompt to select a Wifi network if your device is offline. Once you get the prompt, click OK to connect to a false Wifi hotspot.
- Complete the false upgrade.
At this stage, you should your device’s current OS on. Choose Check Update and find a version higher version. Wait for few seconds until you get a prompt indicating that your Android has been updated to the latest OS.
This is not true since you didn’t use a working Wifi network. You should stop getting software update notifications if you do this right.
How to Update Android OS Manually?
The latest updates carry bug fixes and security updates which are essential for the safety of your phone. If you decide to disable the “Automatic system updates”, it is advised to manually update the system regularly. The following is the procedure.
- Open “Settings” and tap on “System” in the menu.
- Select “System update” in the following menu.
- The next screen will show the status of your system. It will show the current version of your Android. If it is already updated, it will display “Your system is up to date”. There is a blue button “Check for update” to check if any new update is available for your system. If an update is available, it will display, and you can update the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you stop apps from automatically updating on Android?
Yes. With this guide, we show how to turn off automatic app updates on any Android device.
Can you stop apps from automatically updating on the Firestick?
The nice part about the Firestick/Fire TV is apps don’t automatically update. You have to manually update applications.
Will Kodi automatically update to Kodi 19?
Yes Kodi will automatically update to version 19 if using an Android device.