Content of the material
How to Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
As a social management tool, Circleboom can help you with things like follower insights, dead baggage (spammers, inactive, and fake accounts), and a host of other capabilities that can improve your overall Twitter experience.
Additionally, you can also mass unfollow Twitter accounts using just a few clicks. And you can filter these accounts down to very specific parameters that you wish to have. You can sort the accounts by:
- Number of followers
- Specific keywords and hashtags
- How old the accounts are.
- Number of tweets
And so on.
To bulk unfollow on Twitter follow the steps below:
- Log into Circleboom using your Twitter account.
- From the menu on the left side of your screen, click on “The Circle”.
- This will bring out various categories of your followers like “Not Following Back”, “Fake/Spam”, “Inactive”, “Overactives” etc.
You can then choose any of the categories, visit the profiles listed and unfollow them.
2. Unfollow Every Account Manually
This is the easiest & probably Freeway to unfollow everyone on Twitter. Open your Twitter account in the browser. Go to “following” to see a list of people you follow. Click on Following next to everyone’s profile to unfollow them.
i) Open Tweepi website in the browser
ii) Click on Sign in and Verify with Twitter Auth
iii) Fill up your Sign up details like email, username and password
iv) Click on the list of people you follow.
v) Now there are 2 options. If you want to do it in bulk you need to buy the subscription otherwise you can do it manually one by one
4. Using a Chrome extension (Free Method)
This is a free and much quicker way to unfollow people in bulk on Twitter. But there is one catch you select the people you want to unfollow. You need to press unfollow button and all the Twitter accounts you follow be unfollowed by your Twitter profile.
That’s before using this process, save all of your followers on a Twitter list as explained above.
Now to Follow this process download add this chrome extension here to your browser
Open your Twitter account and Go to the Profile section
Now Click on the Following. You will see a list of accounts that are following you.
You will see an Unfollow all button at the top. If you are not able to see it refresh the page. See below for more details.
From the name, this tool is mainly about unfollowing people on Twitter. So it’s a bit different from Circleboom above. There are other functionalities, though. With iUnfollow, you can
- Check specific accounts to follow back.
- Decide which follow requests to cancel (if you’re trying to follow private accounts).
- Check the list of accounts not following you back.
To unfollow people using iUnfollow, here are the steps:
- Head over to the iUnfollow website.
- On the homepage, click “sign in with Twitter” to connect your account with iUnfollow.
- After authorizing the iUnfollow app, you’ll be directed to the Unfollow page with all the accounts that aren’t following you back. Click the Unfollow button on those that you don’t wish to follow.
With iUnfollow, you can unfollow up to 50 accounts per day for the unpaid version which is just good enough.
Also Read: How to remove followers on twitter
How to Unfollow Users From Their Account Page
Another way to unfollow on Twitter is from a user's account page. It's just as quick as doing so from a tweet.
Go to a account page for the user you want to unfollow. The URL will be twitter.com/username.
Hover over the Following button to the right of their profile picture.
The button will change to Unfollow. Click Unfollow.
A confirmation message appears. Click Unfollow.
Blocking vs. Muting vs. Unfollowing on Twitter
When you block someone on Twitter, it also unfollows them, and all of their tweets disappear from your timeline. The blocked user doesn't get a notification that you blocked them but will be able to tell if they visit your profile page.
When you mute someone on Twitter, that user can still see your tweets, and like, retweet, and comment on them. Muted users can also send DMs to your account. However, you won't see any of this activity until you unmute them.
When you unfollow someone on Twitter, they might get a notification from a third-party app that tracks unfollows. They can still see your tweets as long as they're following you.