Content of the material
- Avoid using your work email address as the primary address. If you lose access to this address, it will make it harder to gain access to the account.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful
Changing your LinkedIn email address without a password
If you have forgotten your password, you will not immediately be able to gain access to your LinkedIn account. The same will be true if your online password manager, like LastPass or DashLane, hasn’t stored the correct credentials. You will need to figure out what your LinkedIn password is before you can change your email address. In most cases, it’s easiest to ask LinkedIn to send you a link to change your password. It takes less than a minute to request a new password link and to change the password for your LinkedIn account.
By following these steps, you can change your LinkedIn password:
Go to LinkedIn.com
Click the “Sign in” button in the top right corner
Click “Forgot my password” in the main box
Enter the email address connected to your LinkedIn account
Go to your email inbox and check for a new email message from LinkedIn
Click the link in the email
Create a new password for your LinkedIn account on the page that opens
Its Important to Keep Your Profile Up-To-Date
As more companies jump on the Linkedin bandwagon, it’s important to keep your current jobs, skills, certifications up-to-date on the site. Even if you love your job, keeping your profile current means you may get new positions or promotions within your company.
Updating your Linkedin profile is simple and doesn’t take much time.
- Open LinkedIn on your web browser – You can do this using the mobile app, follow the same instructions
- Tap on your profile in the upper right-hand corner and select View Profile.
- Tap the pencil icons to update your information for each section.
- Tap Add Section if you’d like to add something new.
- Tap Save when you’re finished making your edits for that section.
Keeping your LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter up-to-date will save you a lot of stress and keep you from forgetting accomplishments in the event you’re back on the job hunt.
What if I left my job and dont want anyone knowing where I work now?
Fortunately, LinkedIn acts like most other social media sites with it comes to blocking someone.
Simply visit that person’s profile and click Block or Report. Once done, this person will be unable to see any of your information.
How to Edit Interests on LinkedIn
With targeted recommendations, editing interests on LinkedIn is a total breeze. For those who are far cry from social networks, being completely unaware of how to add interest on LinkedIn there is a comprehensive guide below:
- Visit your LinkedIn profile by clicking the “Me” icon.
- In the drop-down menu click “View Profile”.
- Type keywords in the Search Tab to search for interesting organizations, services, people, and groups and apply filters to specify your request.
- Locate interesting issues and click to be taken to their profiles or pages for companies. “+ Follow” adds the page to your Interests.
- The new interest will appear in seconds, being visible to all by default.
- If you still wonder how to add more interests on LinkedIn, repeat steps 4-6 for adding new preferences.
More than +200 features to generate leads 😍
We offer multiple products for your lead generation, discover them below!